The impAccelerator™ Battery Powered Sensor Node is a complete environmental sensing package powered by the imp003 to help you quickly develop and refine data-gathering modules that are able to operate for years at a time from a pair of standard AA batteries.
In addition to the onboard sensors for temperature, humidity, air pressure and motion, the unit also supports the addition of 1-Wire®, UART and I2C interface sensors.
Thanks to the Electric Imp Platform’s reliable networking and robust security — delivered through the impCloud™ and impOS™ — and the imp003 module’s ability to run fully customizable application software, the Battery Powered Sensor Node can be used to kick-start the development of a wide range of sensor applications, including:
- Refrigeration or climate control monitoring (using built-in temperature, humidity and light sensors).
- Food and beverage monitoring (using food-grade 1-Wire sensors).
- Asset monitoring (using the built-in accelerometer).
- Air quality monitoring (using 1-Wire air and gas sensors).
- Industrial process monitoring (using built-in sensors or additional industrial 1-Wire sensors).
- Local or remote alerting (using external sound/light/actuators).
Each package contains:
- 1x impAccelerator™ Battery Powered Sensor Node
- 2x AA Batteries
For more information on the impAccelerator Battery Powered Sensor Node, visit our Dev Center.
Looking to interface other sensors and systems? Check out the Battery Powered Sensor Node Breakout Cable here.